If you have come to our page today because someone you love has been killed in an accident, please accept our condolences. We know this is an incredibly difficult time and we want to help. If you think that your loved one was killed because of the negligence of another person, company, or agency, then you may be eligible for compensation. At Allegiance Law, we will work diligently to secure all the compensation you deserve in the aftermath of this tragedy. When you need a San Francisco wrongful death attorney, call us today.
What Can Happen
Wrongful death cases arise when someone else’s careless or negligent actions cause another person to lose their life. These cases can be brought by a victim’s family against the person or group responsible for the death. Here are some common ways we see wrongful death cases arise:
- Vehicle Accidents – In the state of California, 27% of all traffic accident deaths are alcohol-related and many thousands more are injured and have to live with the consequences. Intoxicated drivers should be held accountable for their reckless decisions. Just as dangerous are those who drive while distracted. You should also be aware of fatal accidents involving commercial vehicles, especially larger trucks. It may be the case that an accident was caused due to a failure to regularly inspect and maintain fleet vehicles.
- Workplace Accidents – Employers should be held accountable if one of their workers is killed because they failed to properly train their employees. Employers must also provide the safety equipment necessary for their workers to perform their jobs. This can include proper clothing, harnesses, eyewear, and respiratory gear. Many work injuries are trauma incidents, but others are caused by long-term exposure to hazardous materials and chemicals.
- Product Liability – There are thousands of products that make it to the shelves each year that can cause significant harm to consumers. This could be due to a design or manufacturing mistake that is not discovered during testing or due to an issue with product labeling.
- Medical Mistakes – Medical mistakes are the third leading cause of death in the United States and they occur in a variety of ways.
Please note that this list is by no means complete. You should always seek help from a qualified attorney as you begin to make decisions.
Moving Forward From Here
In the aftermath of such a tragic incident, we know that you need to find some closure for yourself and your family. At Allegiance Law, you can count on us to work to uncover what happened and secure the compensation you deserve. We know that no dollar amount will erase the pain of losing a loved one, but it can help you move forward. We will work to secure:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of future income and benefits
- Pain and suffering damages
- Punitive damages
If you need a San Francisco wrongful death attorney, you can contact us by clicking here or calling 415-404-6395 for a free consultation.