There are many ways that an injury-causing accident can occur. You may become injured in an automobile accident, while riding a bicycle, a motorcycle accident, injured as a pedestrian, or injured on the job.
Anytime a person is injured due to the careless or negligent actions of somebody else, the injury victim should be able to recover compensation for what happened to them. At Allegiance Law, our San Francisco personal injury attorneys regularly help clients who have been harmed due to the careless or negligent actions of others. Some of the most common cases that we specialize in include the following:
- Automobile accidents: According to the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS), there were more than 272,000 total vehicle collision injuries during the latest year of data we have available.
- Bicycle accidents: Data from the California OTS shows that more than 11,000 bicyclists sustained injuries during the latest reporting year. Unfortunately, bicyclists do not have much protection from the force of a vehicle slamming into them and regularly suffer from severe injuries.
- Drunk driving accidents: Data shows that 30% of all fatal traffic collisions during the latest year of data for California were the result of drunk driving.
- Motorcycle accidents: Even when a motorcyclist is wearing a helmet, they are still likely to suffer from serious injuries in the event an accident occurs. Nearly 14,000 motorcyclists were injured during the latest year of data available, and these incidents often happen at high speed, resulting in severe injuries.
- Pedestrian accidents: Pedestrians are the most vulnerable group of people in and around the roadway. Unfortunately, pedestrians are often injured because drivers fail to yield the right of way. More than 14,000 pedestrians were injured during the latest year of data available from the OTS.
- Slip and fall accidents: There are times when the careless or negligent actions of property owners allow for unsafe conditions to exist. This includes not cleaning up spills or not repairing or replacing loose flooring materials.
- Defective product: When faulty products are sold to consumers, negligent manufacturers and companies should be held responsible. Defective products often occur due to flawed designs, errors during the manufacturing process, or faulty labeling.
- Truck accidents: Large commercial trucks can weigh as much as 80,000 pounds when fully loaded, and accidents involving these vehicles often lead to severe injuries for those inside traditional passenger cars.
Some of the most common injuries that we help clients with include:
- Broken and dislocated bones
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Severe lacerations
- Internal organ damage or internal bleeding
- Spinal cord injuries
- Amputation injuries
Anytime an employee sustains an on-the-job injury, they deserve to be fairly compensated. Unfortunately, there are times when an employer or insurance carrier wrongfully denies or delays an injured employee’s workers’ compensation benefits. According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), there were more than 2.8 million non-fatal workplace injuries or illnesses during the latest year of data available. At Allegiance Law, our San Francisco workers’ compensation attorneys regularly help those who have sustained the following types of injuries at work:
- Traumatic injuries such as broken bones, lacerations, head injuries, sprains and strains, and more.
- Cumulative stress injuries, also known as “repetitive” injuries that occur overtime due to an employee repeating the same action over and over again.
- Occupational illnesses more injuries that occur overtime due to exposure in the workplace, including hearing and vision loss, respiratory illnesses, occupational cancers, and more.
At Allegiance Law, we are dedicated to helping employees secure the following compensation:
- Medical treatment
- Temporary disability benefits
- Permanent disability benefits
- Vocational retraining compensation
- Death benefits for family members
You should never to try and rush into a settlement for a personal injury you suffered from any party until you have taken several steps to protect yourself. You are in no position to assess your injuries immediately after an accident occurred. Never agree to a settlement until you speak to a medical doctor and a lawyer.
Shortly following an accident, you may receive a phone call from the other party’s insurance company. Avoid these discussions at all costs. There is generally nothing you can say to an insurance adjuster that will help your case but plenty you can say that will damage your claim. Most importantly, under absolutely no circumstances give any party access to your medical records. Your medical records may prevent a recovery in the future. Do not rush into any judgment about your claim. Instead, contact the San Francisco personal injury attorneys at Allegiance Law and schedule a free consultation. In your consultation, we will address with you what goes into pursuing a claim, including explaining the process of bringing a personal injury lawsuit. We are available to meet with you during business hours, evenings and weekends. Our offices are located in San Francisco, but we will be happy to drive and meet you. There is no fee for this consultation.